Ok, it’s obviously not beef. I had some extra chicken that I needed to use, and the spices and skewers seemed right for chicken. It was a successful experiment. The aroma and taste of the sambal olek was wonderful.
Additions/Omissions: Chicken for beef. I did not make the garlic and chives sauce ( I am not a fan of the first three ingredients), but as suggested, it seems like a great fusion recipe.
Taste Test: All of the ingredients in the kebab and sambal olek recipes worked very well with the chicken. Great dish.
Zip Facts about Western Sahara:
- The English pronunciation for the Arabic word for desert is Sahara
- Not official country, legal status unresolved, former name is Spanish Sahara
- Lack of enough rainfall for agriculture, almost entirely desert, sparsely inhabited
- Phosphates are the major export, used mainly in fertilizers
- Their coastal waters are very rich for fishing
ARTifariti 2013, “Intifada of Art”, poster design by Mohamed Sulaiman
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/westernsahara/