It’s great to find good meatball recipes from around the world for the combination of spices and distinctive flavors, but it is even better when I can take the inspiration from another meat dish and create my own recipe.
Additions/Omissions: did not use cloves
Taste Test: My country-inspired meatballs are not always perfect on the first try, but this one is pretty good, the spices are nice and sharp.
Zip Facts about Somalia:
- Somalia has the distinction of being the only country in the world without a centralized government (under Xeer, polycentric customary law)
- Ancient Somalia (Regio Aromatica) was the original home of myrrh and incense
- Somaliland, in the northern part of the country, is a self-declared country not internationally recognized as an independent nation, but as an autonomous region of Somalia. The blue field of the Somali flag was influenced by the flag of the U.N.
- It is considered “the nation of poets”
- Meat dishes constitute most of the Somali meals but they are under strict Islamic law
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/somalia/