Zip Facts about Oman:
- Oman is an inherited absolute monarchy, the sultan and prime minister is the chief of state and the head of government
- The Omani deserts seem to be a magnet for meteorites falling to earth, especially from Mars
- Even though the Sultanate of Oman joined the United Nations in 1971, the government did not allow tourists to enter the country until the 1900s
- Oman is famous for the shrub, Myrtus communis (yas), the leaves of which are often used to create perfume.
- The hirz is a necklace worn by Omani women for protection and for holding verses from the Koran
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/oman/