While I really haven’t taken many short cuts so far, there are some days when I have more time constraints than others. I wanted to make the pierogis, but hesitated because of the homemade pastry aspect, until I found this “Cheater Pierogi” recipe from Chef John using wonton wrappers.
Additions/Omissions: For the stuffed peppers, I left out the sour cream as usual and for the pierogis, I used beef bacon and different cheese blends, but did not use the sour cream and chives.
Taste Test: While the sauce was obviously redder and less creamy, it still worked out well, and was wonderful with the stuffed peppers.
Zip Facts about Czech Republic:
- Austrians Gregor Mendel, the Father of Genetics, and Sigmund Freud, the Father of Psychoanalysis, were both born in the Czech Republic
- According to Czech etiquette on entering a building, a man is required to let his female companion enter first unless it is a restaurant
- On St. Václav Day, during the last weekend of September, Czech families participate in the national passion of competitive mushroom hunting
- The Czech Republic boasts the world’s largest per capita beer drinkers
- After Slovenia, Czech Republic is the second richest country in Eastern Europe
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/czech-republic