This recipe reminds me of how much I don’t know about making pastry, even the savory kind. I did have some issues with rolling and folding the dough. I could tell that my pastry was a bit too thick when I cut out the 6-inch circles. I tried to roll it thinner, but the pastry did not hold up to the filling.
Additions/Omissions: I followed this recipe exactly, no modifications.
Taste Test: The filling by itself was incredibly moist and flavorful.
Zip Facts about Botswana:
- Botswana is one of the “Four Corners of Africa”, the only place in the world where four countries meet, joining Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- It probably does not rain money in Botswana, but the national currency is “Pula”, which means “rain”
- Batswana (the plural form of people from Botswana) sometimes refer to foreigners as “lekgoa”, which could be translated as “spat out by the sea”
- Botswana is the world’s largest producer of valued diamonds
- Despite the fact that Botswana has the largest elephant population in Africa, the national animal is the zebra
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/botswana/