This is one of the first times I have even thought to mix veal with chicken, I have mixed veal with beef many times before. I do like to “marry” pastas on occasion, mixing sizes and textures, although I usually stick to the “rigati” (or lined) pastas. I also don’t mix pasta and rice often, except to make a pilaf. All in all, it was comfort food, lots of meat and vegetables for a two pot meal.
Additions/Omissions: no ham or pork
Taste Test: The stew was very good without the background of pork, but I am certain it would have been better with it.
Zip Facts about Andorra:
- Andorra, bordered by France and Spain, is located in the Pyrenees Mountains. Because of this, its inhabitants have adapted a mountain society from its sociopolitical and economic movements to its urban rule, where 30% of all facades are to be constructed of stone masonry
- The cultures of both countries have provided dualistic influences in many of the traditions and activities of the Andorran people, such as in language, public education, and currency (see French and Spanish Andorran stamps below). However, political and civil societies are trying to consolidate an Andorran national identity
- The Andorran diet consists mainly of meat, fish and vegetables with popular winter dishes such as escudella (a stew of chicken and veal) and trinxat (potatoes and cabbage). The cuisine is predominantly Catalan
- Andorra is one of the few countries in the world which boasts a 100% literacy rate
- Andorra is a duty free zone, but without an airport. You can travel by plane to Barcelona, which is the nearest one
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/andorra