Zip Facts about Paraguay:
- The name Paraguay comes from Guaraní, derived from para, “of many varieties”, andgua, “riverine”, the river Rio Paraguay which splits the country into an east and west side.
- Paraguay joins Bolivia as the only two landlocked countries in South America. Despite this condition, Paraguay has a relatively large navy
- Paraguayans greet each other with adios instead of hello as a way to indicate their “busy” lives
- Paraguayans really know how to throw a barbeque, with over 30,000 hungry eaters, they wound up in the Guinness Book of Records
- “En Seguida” is a very handy phrase, especially when you are running late. While it literally means “in a minute”, it is assumed to mean anything from a minute to never
Link to Recipe: http://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/paraguay