Zip Facts about Suriname:
- Suriname was formerly known as Nederlands Guyana, Netherlands Guiana or Dutch Guiana, but before then, it was inhabited by Native Americans around 3000 B.C.
- A synagogue and a mosque sit side by side in the center of the capital city, Paramaribo.
- Until they are 30, the Surinamese “adults” need written permission from their parents to get married.
- Suriname is an incredibly “green” country, even the recycling company recycles. It also has some of the tastiest and purest drinking water.
- The Cathedral of St Peter and Paul, which is over a hundred years old, was originally a theater.
Lob Makandra – George Struikelblok
Link to Recipe: https://theworldfrommykitchen.wordpress.com/suriname/